AMIS FINANCIAL AID FUND
FINANCIAL AID DESCRIPTION:
- Funds for AMIS Festival Financial Aid are provided by contributions and gifts.
- A limited number of financial aid grants to AMIS festivals are available during each academic year.
- Applications may be submitted for all festivals excluding the Solo & Ensemble Festival (a one-day event)
- Alternates are not eligible to apply.
- A student cannot apply for financial aid for the same festival in two consecutive years.
- A student cannot apply for two festivals in the same school year.
- In general, financial assistance will be offered to no more than one student per school for any given festival, although the Financial Aid Committee may, in exceptional circumstances, decide to award assistance to more than one student from the same school.
- Only those students who attend an AMIS member school are eligible for financial aid.
- It is the responsibility of the music director to select and prioritize candidates for financial aid.
- The financial aid application forms are available on the AMIS web site (parent form & teacher form.)
- Prepare hand printed or typed teacher and parent reports in large type. The parent of each student applicant is required to complete the parent financial aid request form and to return it to the music teacher.
- Scan each document and save as a PDF file.
- The music director is responsible for sending the teacher and parent PDF files as an e-mail attachment to email@example.com
- Make sure that you can read the scanned files. If you can’t read it, neither can we.
- Both forms must be received before a student’s application can be considered.
- The decisions of the committee will be sent by e-mail to teachers making financial aid applications.
Deadlines: The deadline for financial aid applications can be found on the web page for each individual festival.
Pat Green is an administrative assistant for AMIS
- Amount per student: up to 50% of student travel/hotel expenses, not to exceed Euros 500. In most cases the amount granted will be less than the maximum possible amount.
- The payment by AMIS will be made directly to the music teacher at the festival.